Leading people to pursue a Jesus-center life together.
Leading People-----We don’t want seekers or believers to be adrift in our church. We want to intentionally connect with everyone and show them the ways and the means to grow into disciples who make disciples.
To Pursue-----We want to foster in people, not only the desire, but the ability to actively grow in Christ, to strive for Christian maturity.
A Jesus – Centered Life-----Everything Jesus says and is, is our goal every day in every sphere of our lives. He is our perfect standard.
Together-----We do this as a united, local body of Christ. Every ministry and every servant, from Senior Pastor to janitor is striving to accomplish this mission.
WHCC Shared Core Values... 1. Biblical Truth Biblical truth is the defining standard of faith that guides every action in our lives. We seek a growing understanding of Biblical truth both individually and corporately.
2. Prayer Prayer is foundational to our relationship and communication with God, preceding and undergirding everything we do, including seeking His will, wisdom, grace, support, and blessing. We value individual and corporate prayer in regular meetings and worship services, being alert to and thankful for His answers.
3. Fellowship Each person is valued and appreciated as we work alongside one another in Christ-based unity for the kingdom of God, delighting in each other's company and building friendships across the generations.
4. Community We strive to be available for each other and lift each other up in times of need as well as times of joy. We strive to promote an environment where each individual's talents, great and small, are sought and appreciated as vital elements to the healthy functioning of the body of the church and of God's kingdom.
5. Generosity We want to use our resources freely to magnify God's presence in the world. When there is a need, we seek to respond with material support and acts of service to expand and advance the kingdom of God.
6. Intergenerational We are committed to an intergenerational focus as people in the church go through each age and stage of life. We value the wisdom and experience that comes with age while also appreciating a youthful perspective.
7. Discipleship We walk alongside anyone seeking salvation, growing in faith, as they become a fully devoted follower of Christ, building on the foundation of salvation through intentional Biblical education and application.
8. Family We promote strong families and greater connections in God's adopted kingdom, offering care, support, and grace. 9. GraceFollowing God's example of unmerited favor and mercy shown to each believer in salvation and sanctification, we strive to show love, patience, and a welcoming spirit to believers and non-believers alike.
Biblical Basis for Our WHCC Mission Statement...
Leading people Matthew 28:18-20 I Thessalonians 5:14-15 Acts 2:46-47
to pursue Hebrews 6:1-3
a Jesus-centered life. Ephesians 5:1-2
together Ephesians 4:11-6 Ephesians 4:15-16 I Corinthians 1:10
West Hills Community Church | 1650 Brush College Rd. NW | Salem, Oregon 97304 | 503.362.7621 | firstname.lastname@example.org